PDA

View Full Version : I need Help im not for sure what to do

vel123
04/30/2012, 01:41 PM
Hey guys here is my problem my wife got me 2 black and white perc clowns, she did everything right but one thing she didnt put them in the QT. she put them in the display :( well here is the problem one has ICK and the outher has popeye, and to make things worse is it is a 550 gallon tank. i dont know how to go about putting all the fish in QT, Help here is just a few of the fish 5 black tangs, 3 purple tangs, there are 20 fish in the tank. what size of QT do i need ? this is a ohh Crap moment

p.s i didnt know she got me the fish she was trying to suprise me and she DID

sandwi54
04/30/2012, 01:46 PM
Ohh this is a difficult situation. The best thing to do, obviously, is to get all of the fish out and place them in QTs for treatment. With the number of fish you have, I'd say you need a QT no smaller than a 100-150g to be able to handle the bio-load. You also have to cycle the QT first, otherwise you'll be having a huge ammonia issue.

vel123
04/30/2012, 02:23 PM
well ive put the clowns in the QT that i have it is a 40 breeder. i use a small tank for QT because i get one fish at a time. this sucks

60 dollar worth of fish is going to cost me a thousand dollars or more, i dont have a tank that big

sandwi54
04/30/2012, 02:27 PM
I understand. I have had to treat the entire display tank of fish before and it's a touchy situation.

Your best bet is to buy used 100g tanks on craigslist. They should cost around $200 or so, and you can sell them back for the same amount of money after the treatment is finished.