PDA

View Full Version : BC29 looking slightly cloudy after 2 days of vinegar

Dr. Fish
05/01/2012, 12:16 PM
I have a BC29 and started dosing vinegar two days ago. 2ml per day so far with kalk in my ato.

The tank is looking slightly cloudy, just barely. It is the same look though that I saw about a month ago when It was determined I had a bacterial bloom.

Should I continue with the 2ml per day and see if the cloudiness gets worse? Or back off from dosing vinegar completely?

Costazul
05/01/2012, 12:41 PM
Hi Dr
My tank looks cloudy from time to time too (cyclical bacteria booms), as soon as I stop the vinegar from Kalk, the tank clear. In my case I can't keep ALK/Cal steady with Kalk alone, it need the boost from vinegar.

Randy Holmes-Farley
05/01/2012, 01:12 PM
I would continue and hope/expect the bacteria will begin to grow more benthically.

Do you have a skimmer?

Dr. Fish
05/01/2012, 01:46 PM
I would continue and hope/expect the bacteria will begin to grow more benthically.

Do you have a skimmer?

Yes, its an aquaticlife 115 that fits in chamber 1. Its not the best skimmer, but does consistently pull out nasty gunk. I have been watching it since I began dosing the vinegar to see if it starts pulling more or darkens up, but no changes yet.

tmz
05/01/2012, 02:02 PM
2ml vinegar for 29 gallons isn't very much ; I'd continue. Could the cloudiness be from the ato kalk?

Dr. Fish
05/01/2012, 02:13 PM
2ml vinegar for 29 gallons isn't very much ; I'd continue. Could the cloudiness be from the ato kalk?

Maybe, I thought I noticed the ATO mixture looking a little more cloudy with the vinegar added.