PDA

View Full Version : Clown Fish behavior

Pvillarraga
05/02/2012, 08:55 AM
Put 2 new peppermint shrimp in last night. Woke up this morning and one of my clowns is swimming a little different. He will swim normal to the bottom then swim to the top vertically. Is this normal
The other clown seems fine?

masonicman
05/02/2012, 09:15 AM
Is this erratic swimming? If so then it seems like something might be stressing it out. The shrimp might be in his spot. Normally the clown fish would run the shrimp away. Check to see if the shrimps are in he usual spot

Pvillarraga
05/02/2012, 09:19 AM
No the shrimp are just on the Rock wish the clown stays away from I know clowns do weird things so I'm not to worried

masonicman
05/02/2012, 09:48 AM
Yeah they can. No worries

Reeferz412
05/02/2012, 11:11 AM
I have a cave in my system, with a maroon clown (snappy fella) and a peppermint shrimp. There used to be two but one died of old age. Anyways, they both live in this tiny cave happily. Maroon clowns are pretty aggressive to so its cool to see them live together in this tiny cave. I wouldn't worry about it. My shrimp attacks my hand sometimes, he will jump on it and pick at me. Whoever said peppers are shy, they were wrong about this one! Just keep watching the clown, but ime they are pretty random fish, they dont have a set behavior.