PDA

View Full Version : Need Skimmer Help

sjnovakovich
05/02/2012, 09:00 AM
Hi Folks,

I'm using an eShopps 75 HOB. It's been working great since I started it up. I didn't even have any issues getting it dialed in. Last night I shut it off to feed my tank . Ever since, it runs but produces no foam at all. It doesn't even look like much air is being infused. When I dial it up, the liquid level rises, but still no air. This morning, I took it off the tank, emptied it all out, put it back on and reprimed it, but nada.

All ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks!

snulma1
05/02/2012, 09:39 AM
I don't know much about this skimmer in particular. But for most skimmers I would check to make sure:
A. The impeller is free spinning and you haven't lost a piece of it or some of the needles.
B. Make sure the venturi port is clear (you can clean it with a standard pipe cleaner and a little bit of vinegar).
C. If venturi is connected to air line, make sure the end of the line is above the water line. It may not pull well if its is stationed below the water level of the tank.

Also, try and blow into the end of the airline (gently at first) while its running to see if it will fix the problem.

sjnovakovich
05/02/2012, 01:35 PM
Someone suggested checking the venturi. I know that the air intake tube is clear, but I'm not sure about the venturi opening.

sjnovakovich
05/02/2012, 04:01 PM
Took everything apart and cleaned it. Nothing is blocked. No improvement. It doesn't seem to be drawing any water through it either. Its like the pump is running but it isn't doing anything. Help... anyone?

sjnovakovich
05/03/2012, 10:45 AM
Desperation Bump

Playa-1
05/03/2012, 11:39 AM
Try to blow on the air line. It sounds like it might be clogged or partially blocked. I sometimes feed my air intake tube some boiling RO water to flush it out. This flushes out the line and helps to clean the venturi air intake. That's where I would start.

Sharkdog22
05/03/2012, 11:43 AM
is the pump working at all now? tank the pump off and see if its working just in a bucket of water, sometimes pumps take a little bump to get them working.

Sharkdog22
05/03/2012, 11:45 AM
also on the airline see if it is fits tight around the area it connects to the pump, if the air line is old it can become stretched out and let water get it there instead of air.

sjnovakovich
05/09/2012, 02:23 PM
Skimmer is HOB. I took it off and tested it out in a bucket. The pump runs, the impeller spins, but it does not move any water. I was going to order a new impeller just to see if that would fix it, but I can't find parts online.