PDA

View Full Version : Devils Hand Coral Help

Lpabsolute
05/03/2012, 07:13 PM
Looking for some help with my Devils Hand Coral. Please click the link below for pics and description. Any help would be great. Thanks...

Link: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2165693

funkejj
05/03/2012, 07:34 PM
First off it is going to be ok. all leathers will shrink and expand fairly often. They will look like they are peeling from time to time as they shed a layer of "skin" and they grow. Mine has laid over for nearly a month once before. unless it is truly melting I would not worry. I had one dissolve at its base 6 months ago, tied it to a new rock and it came back better than ever. Cant hardly kill them.

Lpabsolute
05/03/2012, 07:50 PM
How can u tell if it's melting away? I hope it's ok, I think it's a good sign that the polyps are out but just don't like how it's not fully open and how it looks like its pealing. I've had some before and never experienced this before. Didn't know if it was due to shipment or if it was damaged.

funkejj
05/03/2012, 09:21 PM
again give it time, they will shrink and expand when they expand back out they look like they are peeling. When I say melting I mean the leather is falling apart you would know and it doesnt look like it in the pic. Give it a week and it will be all good.

Lpabsolute
05/04/2012, 05:28 PM
again give it time, they will shrink and expand when they expand back out they look like they are peeling. When I say melting I mean the leather is falling apart you would know and it doesnt look like it in the pic. Give it a week and it will be all good.

:beer: