PDA

View Full Version : Refugium/sump shapes

cba191
05/03/2012, 10:01 PM
I don't yet have a tank, I'm still a bit of a ways out. But I am trying to get my questions sorted before I actually move on it.

I think that I've decided on a 60g cube. I love the look of the tank and I really like the opportunities it presents for aquascaping and such. The problem I have is with the stand. It doesn't give any options for a refugium and sump as the interior dimensions are roughly 22" square. I'm thinking about building one myself to maximize the space.

Something like this
|...........|................|
|............................|
|_________________|
Do these items ever need to be removed from beneath the stand? Obviously, I'll need to be able to access the skimmer, but what about the fuge itself?

cba191
05/03/2012, 11:49 PM
Something like this.
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-RZRZG0MNaV8/T6NtQWOzfZI/AAAAAAAAAo8/OlOz1YUDFrQ/s640/%257B0A1018C5-3697-87C8-A565-08AB966154CB%257D.jpg
It's 18" on a side.

SPSFiend
05/04/2012, 08:09 PM
I just had a sump designed and made for my cube tank. Shoot me your email and I'll send u some pics. My sump is 28x24x18. It's is essentially split in half (left side and right side). The left is the return / skimmer area then the right side is split in two: refugium section and then return.

So the water flow is back left, to to front left, to front right thought baffles and back return for return.

cba191
05/05/2012, 11:36 AM
I just had a sump designed and made for my cube tank. Shoot me your email and I'll send u some pics. My sump is 28x24x18. It's is essentially split in half (left side and right side). The left is the return / skimmer area then the right side is split in two: refugium section and then return.

So the water flow is back left, to to front left, to front right thought baffles and back return for return.

I need.....

cba191
05/05/2012, 11:36 AM
....one more post before I can PM you, so this is it. ;)