I don't have any nutrient problems...

temp: 77-79*
Nitrates & nitrites:0
PO4: 4ppb or .012
cal: 420
alk: 9.0
mg:1440
salinity 34.9

Tank and setup been running 1.5 yrs now. DT is spot free of any cyano or algae....

The cyano is really only overtaking my frag tank egg crate. I recently put in new black egg crate. I did soak the egg crate in venegar for a day, rinsed well and then added to the tank about 2-3 weeks after that.

Suggestions. I did clean the crate in the frag tank, only for it to all come back and now thicker w/in a week.

Pull all the egg crate & bleach or vinegar again? Chemicals? let it run a course?

Reefmedic79
05/04/2012, 11:32 AM
I found my frag tank to look downright nasty other than the frags themself. If you've got sufficient flow going over the frags it will prevent it from interfering with the frags growth.

I personally never worried to much about it. I did put your basic CUC in the frag tank to help control algea and dutritus though to keep it from over growing the frags.

Thatgrimguy
05/04/2012, 11:35 AM
I had the same trouble. Egg crate went ballistic for about 2 months before it finally covered in coralline and stopped looking terrible. I ended up using chemo clean to kill the last of it and it never came back after.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk

110galreef
05/04/2012, 11:49 AM
its over the frag plugs now a bit, but not the frags. It comes off rather easy. Should i let it go a few more weeks and just see.