PDA

View Full Version : 29g Biocube Retrofit led questions

Windirmere
05/05/2012, 11:55 PM
I have been seriously looking at the Rapid Led retrofit products, and am wondering if the dimmable function is necessary? I can manage the soldering and I felt like i had a good grasp on the installation of the non dimmable set up but adding dimmer controls totally just went over my head. Do the dimmer controls replace the power cables to the drivers? or do the Drivers still plug in and you also have the dimmer controls plug in? I have read over the installation instructions and I still feel in the dark. Anyone have a easy to read circuit map?

Im not to sure if this is supposed to be in the DIY or not, Any past experience's or tips are greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Wind

Coralkeeper87
05/06/2012, 12:08 AM
I did the aquastyle led upgrade on my BC14 and I thought I would save some money and do the non dimmable and I soon found that it was a bad choice. I have now upgraded to a dimmable set and I am in love with my tank all over again. If you choose to go non dimmable, you will need to keep an eye on SPS and zoas. I burnt a few up with the non dimmable. Now with the dimmable I am getting my colors back in the SPS and my zoas and palys are opening up again. IMO I would go dimmable.