PDA

View Full Version : Killing things with Mrs. Wages

tyler91913
05/06/2012, 12:13 PM
I've used Joe's Juice in the past to kill majano, aiptasia, and brown button polyps. I've heard that you can do the same thing with thick kalkwasser. I've heard that you can use Mrs. Wages pickling lime to make DIY kalkwasser. I'm inferring from this that you can use a Mrs. Wages paste to kill the baddies listed above. Any reason to second-guess myself on this conclusion?

jimmyj7090
05/06/2012, 12:24 PM
That works. Just be careful with the stuff as it will burn anything it gets on (that you don't intend to kill).

To use kalk/mrs wages to kill stuff mix it into a thick paste insted of a normal kalk water mix. Turn off the flow in the tank, apply the paste (1 ml syringes work well for this) let it sit for 5 min or so, suck up the mess with a turkey baster, then turn the flow back on. If you have lots of stuff to kill, do it a little at a time so you don't spike the overall PH in the tank.

tyler91913
05/06/2012, 01:34 PM
Cool, thanks. This was my hunch, but wanted to get a second opinion before going through with the plan. Thanks for the tips and warnings too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD