PDA

View Full Version : clove polyps on back wall?

FishNutty
05/06/2012, 07:29 PM
has anyone ever grown clove polyps on the walls/overflow of their aquarium? i just got a rather large frag, and with tank that's quickly becoming packed, i got to wondering...

nine8taco
05/07/2012, 12:22 AM
never grown them, i cant say im a fan but my lfs has them all over on everything in his coral tanks so id imagine theyl grow anywhere

Lpabsolute
05/07/2012, 09:14 PM
Yes, they are just like GSP, yellow polyps, and xenia. Will grow like coraline algae over anything. Just sit a rock by the glass, give it a little flow and your set. I personally think it looks cool having corals growing on they glass. Good Luck.

reefergeorge
05/12/2012, 07:21 PM
When I had my nano cube I had gsp growing on the entire back wall. I looked good until it started getting into the zoas and other corals.

FishNutty
05/12/2012, 08:05 PM
I decided to try one frag disk's worth on the back wall, and I have to say, so far the ones on the wall look happier than the ones on the sandbed. I'm probably going to stick them all up there when I get some time.

jarederaj
05/16/2012, 10:20 PM
Yea ive started to sick corals on my wall, so far I have zoas, gsp, and xenias. I am probably going to have cloves on it as well.. It makes the tank look much more mature in my opinion

St.Pete_Reefer
05/17/2012, 12:35 PM
Very cool Idea I will have to try this.

johandagentile
05/21/2012, 07:06 PM
coral on the glass looks pretty nice. i have some green star polyps on some glass and all over my center overflow. looks great. good luck!!

milomlo
08/29/2012, 12:27 PM
Question....I'm about to start some clove polyp on my glass wall. I am leaning a rock against the wall for it to start. Once it starts can I move the rock? How would I go about it or do you just leave it? I hate to leave it behind everything cause I cant see it. All my rock is set up kinda in the center of my tank going lengthwise. So the fish can swim behind and in front of the rocks. So I can't see the frag rock the polyps are on and some are rather large. Any ideas?