PDA

View Full Version : Mutiny II for a 275 gallons mixed reef?

Pny
05/07/2012, 03:54 AM
I'm looking for an ozone reactor for my 275 gallon mixed reef, and the Avast Mutiny II reactor is my favorite option (if I choose not to go the fully DIY road). I have a few questions...

Is the Sander Ozonizer Certizon C100 (10-100 mg/h) and Schego M2K3 WS3 air pump (350 l/h, 90 gallons/h, 4.2 psi) a good choice for a Mutiny II connected to a 275 gallon mixed reef system? How do I find out the right (optimum?) air and water flow through the Mutiny II ozone reactor for a certain flow of ozone in my system?

Is the Mutiny II ozone reactor designed for external use only or both in-sump and external, ie: What maximum heigth of water can the unit stand in without floating? (I would like to keep as much as possible of my equipment inside my sump for safety in terms of flood prevention)...

Why don't you sell the ozone reactor together with a suitable MR media reactor (in same height) as a discounted kit as you do for media reactor + pellets?

ctenophore
05/09/2012, 08:40 AM
The Sander C100 is a good choice for ozone generator.

The specs on the Schego M2K3 WS3 look good, but it might be a little bit too much airflow. It says 350lph (~12scfh) at 3m (~4.3psi). That model may also have an adjustable output, which is good as you can turn it down if needed. I have heard many nice things about Schego products but have never personally used them.

Air flow should be somewhere between 1.5 to 2 scfh (~40-50 lph) and the water flow should be about .75x of your total system volume, so approx. 200 gph in your case. That will require a pump with a output curve that provides 200 gph @ 2.8m height. For example, a Sicce Syncra 3.0 would be a good choice.

The reactor is designed to be nearly empty of water when running normally, so it will float in even a few inches of water. It is fine to put it in a sump, but you'll need to secure it or weigh it down with something heavy.

Good point about the combo discount with carbon media reactor- I'll look at doing something there :)

Justin

Pny
05/09/2012, 09:46 AM
Thanks!

A combo discount for a set of twin reactors, Mutiny & MR with same size, like the one in this video would be nice for us that not only want our tank to look nice but also want the equipment to look nice... :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rHXWBpqdTE

faisal629
05/17/2012, 12:26 PM
Yes i would love it if the ozone reactor and the carbon reactor on the mutiny 1 would be the same height and size!

Want2BS8ed
05/18/2012, 07:16 PM
Yes i would love it if the ozone reactor and the carbon reactor on the mutiny 1 would be the same height and size!

Depending on the size Mutiny reactor you buy then buy the 18" high MR-5, 10 or 16... there is nothing fancy or tricky here... and as far as a package deal, good googly-moogly folks - this is such an inexpensive option to start with compared to the alternatives, just part it out and you will not only save money, you can tap on your chest and say "yep, I made that..."