PDA

View Full Version : multicontroller

greening
07/19/2003, 04:04 AM
Just bought a load of secondhand equipment off a guy who was moving house. In this lot there were 2 turbelle (biege and stick out of tank) pumps and a muliticontroller. Hooked the pumps up this evening but can't seem to get them to pulse. The pumps are fine, and as far as I can tell the multicontroller is fine as it sequences through the LED's as it should and fires the pumps up, BUT it does not "dim" the pumps or switch them on and off at all.

There are two transformers that link to the multicontroller and the power leads to the pumps plug into these. The pumps work at 100% and I have tried swapping round etc, but all to no avail !!

Unless i am being a complete prat, (quite likely ), all seems to work just no dimming or pulsing of pumps.

Anyone any ideas? Has anyone else had problems with Tunze stuff, as I know this is normally bl**dy expensive in the shops, hence reluctant to take it to dealer who will probably just try and flog me a new unit.

greening
07/19/2003, 04:10 AM
I should add that the dials and switches have been set up as explained in the two pump pule example in the instructions.

Top switch to bottom
Bottom switch to middle
Pump 1 in No 8
Pump 2 in No 10
Light Sensor plugged in

Pulse set to 1 to 5 seconds

Power dials adjusted accordingly as well.

The LED's will dim when the pump is at a low (30%) setting and are really bright when at 100%. Just the pumps seem to be at 100% all the time.

Even tried the sequential program and when it reaches the second pumpthere is a click and the pump does not fire up but the first one is always on.

Just had a look at the pumps. They are a Turbelle classic 2002, if that helps.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

rvitko
07/19/2003, 07:15 PM
This is a complicated problem.

First- I have seen this problem once before with my customers and the 2002 turbelle were quite old and while they turned they were on the last death throws or their existence. Open the pumps and check the production date. The pumps I dealt with were over 15 years old and had never been serviced. The bearings were long gone and the motor coil had been substantially damaged from overheating- dark brown and frequently turning off from the thermal protection switch. When new the resin is a bit green grey and the plastic is a light yellow tan.

It is not impossible that their is damage to the multicontroller or the socket adapter 7094.40. It does however sound like this is not the problem. Your product will differ somwhat from the product we see here- I assume you are in UK. I would see two likely problems that you could try to solve- bad photocell- does it work without this. Bad cable connection- try a different one. The 2002 should slow down so much on the controller at 30% in my experience it barely pumps water.

With only 2 pumps sequential mode is not an option- 4 pumps are required. Further tide mode will only work with sockets 8 and 11 occupied- in the present configuration only pulse mode will work.

My advice is to visit Gary at Paraquatics. I know him fairly well and I think he is straight forward and a good guy. Otherwise I would send all parts to the factory with an explanation letter and a billing contact or credit card number. I don't know how much you spent- frankly if you need new motors you might want to track down who you bought them from unless they were very cheap. Part of owning 2002/4002 pumps is service- every 3 years they need an overhall or you will ruin them and a new motor is quite costly at $80 or so for all the innards- coil, bearings, magnetic rotor.

This is a long shot but- make sure the pumps are real. It is not that common but their are Russian knock offs that are almost exact on the exterior but the motor is not controllable, not waterproof and of fairly poor quality. I seriously doubt this is it but being in Europe and not knowing the origin of the product it is not impossible.