PDA

View Full Version : AquaC EV120

delta
07/19/2003, 06:46 AM
Got my new AquaC EV120 this week and I love it!
Simple setup and producing great foam thick and dry.
purchased form Marine depot no problems plus free shipping :)

This was my first experience with Marine depot but it was a good one and I will add all my experiences with Marine depot Live have been great too. Not to say that nothing has ever gone wrong with any orders from Marine depot live But their response time have been great and always made good on any livestock lost in shipping. I can only expect the same from Marine depot.

Thanks,
Delta

delta
07/19/2003, 06:49 AM
AquaC in Action

delta
07/19/2003, 06:50 AM
Foam

SaltyDogg
07/23/2003, 07:26 PM
Thats awesome.........

I ordered one today and I can't wait for it to arrive..........:)

delta
07/24/2003, 05:06 AM
that was after 2 days its even better now

GTR
07/24/2003, 05:08 PM
Delta...

What size tank?
Did you have a skimmer before?

Steve U

delta
07/24/2003, 05:27 PM
Had a skimmer before the AquaC it worked ok but it was about 10yrs old and it was an air driven counter current. I used to have it on my 55gal but had to down scale due to my living situation.

Right now its a 29gal, but I am laying the ground work for a 120. I am moving and will have the room.

derrikd
07/24/2003, 05:35 PM
delta i have a question for you... dose the water come all the way in the clear part or just foam??

GTR
07/24/2003, 05:39 PM
Delta...
Thanks, I'm looking for a new one also to replace an 8 year old Red Sea.

It only worked well when it was inline with an Iwaki 70.

It works so-so now with a pump I'd rather not mention after I made some modifications to the output. I have a 110 now and will be going to a 150 or 180 this winter when the garage is cool enough to be used during the switch. I can heat alot of water up but I can't keep it cool. Just as well this gives me time to get everything lined up.

Marine Depot is getting my ballast order next week. I have to buy them before I spend it on something else.... like food.

Thanks again,
Steve U

delta
07/24/2003, 05:50 PM
Just foam in the clear part actually the water lvl is kept about and 1"1\2 below the clear tube. It took about a day for me to start getting decent foam.
There is a shelf in side the box (1"from top) start out a half inch below that. Then play with that level to get a nice thick dark foam or whaterver you like for skimate.
Don't know if that was the info you where looking for?

Hope This Helps :)

derrikd
07/24/2003, 06:35 PM
yes thank you....my gate value is wide open and the water is just at the inside plat fourm... was yours like that?? i can not get the water to drop in there ...

emull
07/24/2003, 07:01 PM
Derrikid, what pump and size are you running? You may have to throttle the pump back a little

delta
07/24/2003, 07:12 PM
mine goes as low as an inch lower than the inner plate.

If you cant get the water lower than the inner plate you can put a ball valve between the pump and skimmer to reduce the flow rate of your pump.

derrikd
07/24/2003, 08:20 PM
i have the ev 180 and have the mag 7. the one they said to use... it is a on brand new system.. maby that is why?? no foam yet ... but there is also no bio load at all eather....maby it will settel down after the foam comes??

delta
07/24/2003, 08:38 PM
Do you get bubble on top of the water yet?
Is you air inlet open all?
Is the way blue lever pointing down? thats open
Remember there is a break in period and your system is new.

derrikd
07/25/2003, 07:15 AM
i have bubles on the tiop of te water. and the air valve is all the way open... yea, i think it is just not getting foam up the tube yet becouse it is new.... i hope... i got it used that is why im trying to make sure it is working...

delta
07/26/2003, 06:37 PM
try closing your air valve alittle see if that lowers it enough to start foaming if not get a ball valve for supply pump

IBASSFSH
08/24/2003, 04:18 AM
I have two EV-120's, one on my 75 gallon and one on my 90 gallon. Both use the mag 5 pump I believe. I am thinking about buying the Dolphin 560 ( I think thats the one) to try to get more gph through the skimmer. The one in my 75 sits in the very bottom of my sump and does really well. The one in my 90 gallon sits in the sump but it is about 5" - 6" above the very bottom , so I can put some live sand in there. The pump is in a partitioned area were the sand cannot get into it. It does not seem to skim as well as the one that sits in the very bottom. The hose from the pump to tyhe skimmer is a little longer on the 90 gallon also. Not sure if its the hose length ot the skimmer sitting on a shelf. It still skims far better than the Berlin classic outfitted with the turbo upgrade IMO.