PDA

View Full Version : Yet another possible member...

Kharn
05/09/2012, 09:45 PM
G'day all =)

My friend who lives down the coast has gave me a call today to let me know that he found a mantis in his Live Rock and wishes for me to take it (this is the same friend that gave me Shockwave the G.falcatus) from the pic he gave me I am fairly certain that it is another G.falcatus!

The meral spot is kind of visible and its the same colors/pattern that shockwave has (large white circle with a slightly smaller yellow circle on top of it).

Here is the supplied pic, you can just make out the meral spot.
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/6565/48524510150855205191077.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/151/48524510150855205191077.jpg/)

More to come!

Hilary
05/09/2012, 10:27 PM
You might want to think about expanding your new system just a little bit.....

FLMantis
05/09/2012, 10:36 PM
How many tanks does the new system contain? I don't fell like reading through that thread right now?!?

And have I mentioned you are completey out of control in a good way ;)

Kharn
05/09/2012, 11:22 PM
How many tanks does the new system contain? I don't fell like reading through that thread right now?!?

And have I mentioned you are completey out of control in a good way ;)

The stands are adjustable by splitting the tanks again if need be.

As it stands rite now.

STAND A can house 6 stomatopods (2 per tank as each tank has a divider)
STAND B can house 4 stomatopods (2 in top tank and 1 in each tank below it)
STAND C can house 2 stomatopods (1 in each tank)

however, with some fiddling about.

STAND A is at its maximum potential.
STAND B can hold an additional 2 stomatopods by dividing both the middle and bottom tanks.
STAND C can also hold an additional 2 stomatopods by having there tanks split in halves.

As is rite now with the "perm" dividers in place I can hold a total of 12 stomatopods, with additional dividers I can hold a max of 16 animals.

To note although I have included Zuzu in my overall scheme for the systems I do NOT plan on keeping him within it, he may reside in one compartment for a time but in the end he will be placed in his own tank away from the rest as I hope for his tank to also house my coral.

Bluemon
05/10/2012, 12:42 AM
oh god. lol. More of them ;)

just kidding, i love seeing your collection grow!

TundraGuy
05/10/2012, 06:33 AM
If mantis shrimp attack and try to take over the world in the form of a large army I am pointing the authorities to your post!