PDA

View Full Version : Water flow from scratch!

MamaZooKeeper
05/11/2012, 07:03 AM
When I purchased my tank if had a fan and return to get water movement. I have MASSIVE amounts of red and green algea. I know this is cause of water flow, so I was re-arranging the fan and it snapped. SOOOOOO I figure mind as well start now from scratch. What do I need to best get my tanks flow correct.
I do have an anemone so have to be careful with him. My rocks are in a N shape against the back of the tank and there are many dead spots that the fan doesnt get to. I have sand bottom so im not sure how to NOT stir all that up. Do I need multiple fans as apposed to just one? I have a 65 gal with about 80 lbs of rock in my main tank. Im going to the store tonight to get it cause right now i have the broken fan wedged in rocks to at least have some waterflow today!!! THANKS!

moondoggy4
05/11/2012, 07:28 AM
I would get at least 3 to 4 small powerheads that have magnets at atachments so you can aim them Tunze or Hydor are a good place to start for the Tunze 6025.

MamaZooKeeper
05/11/2012, 08:17 AM
ok I will it had only one at first. Where do you put the power heads so that the tank is still nice to look at, but it is functional and doesnt stir up the sand?