PDA

View Full Version : need help

andrewbram
05/11/2012, 03:14 PM
My friends tank just crashed and I was going to help him by putting his stuff in my tank . can a starry blenny yellow watch mangoby and mandrin all go together. also I have a yellow tang and he has a tomini tang can they go together
TIA its just rather urgent

andrewbram
05/11/2012, 05:18 PM
anyone. his fish are sitting in buckets I just don't want them to die.

Playa-1
05/11/2012, 05:20 PM
It's best to set up a QT or temp holding containers for your friends livestock and help him get his tank stable.

andrewbram
05/11/2012, 05:36 PM
when I say crashed I mean it broke. there is no tank anymore he has to start completely over. I have the room in my tank just not sure of compability

jeff@zina.com
05/11/2012, 05:47 PM
In a big enough tank they're fine.

Jeff

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Playa-1
05/11/2012, 06:08 PM
I suspect that Jeff is right, but there are Lots of variables and very little info to work with.

f3honda4me
05/11/2012, 06:17 PM
How big is your tank

sponger0
05/12/2012, 06:40 AM
The starry and watchman goby would be fine in a 20 gallon QT

sponger0
05/12/2012, 06:41 AM
The starry and watchman goby would be fine in a 20 gallon QT. The mandarin....not so much. They need a sandbed and lots of pods to eat. The mandarin I would be more likely to add to a normal reef setting.

andrewbram
05/12/2012, 09:56 AM
sorry all I have a 150 the only fish I have is one green chromis yellow tang a watchman and clown. The qt I had is housing his cardnial and his monster marroon. Thanks for advice . I put everything in because keeping all those buckets warm was starting to become impossible task. No one is fighting yet and I bought one of those ammonia monitors that you stick on the glass. Does anyone have expierence with the ammonia monitors.

kingevil
05/12/2012, 09:58 AM
i would get the chromis out of there unless it is completely docile towards other livestock. you should be ok putting the new fish in. you'll have an issue with the mandarin diet, as already stated.

andrewbram
05/12/2012, 10:22 AM
Ya its a green chromis and he could care less who is there he hasnt loked at anyone. I have noticed the mandrian pecking like heck at live rock. I sure its gonna destroy my pods. On a good note when I feed the fish frozen cube the mandrian ate it which I will assume its a really good sign.

kingevil
05/12/2012, 10:30 AM
Ya its a green chromis and he could care less who is there he hasnt loked at anyone.

if it *could* care less, then i would get him out of there asap.

I have noticed the mandrian pecking like heck at live rock. I sure its gonna destroy my pods. On a good note when I feed the fish frozen cube the mandrian ate it which I will assume its a really good sign.

some mandarins will eat frozen. but you still have to feed it a lot.