PDA

View Full Version : Can't Get apex to email...

Lukel
05/13/2012, 10:13 AM
Can't get Apex to email.....
i got the gmx account, (wasn't able to get it to work on my ISP either)
here is my network settings

AquaController email setup
Email enable X Enabled Disabled
SMTP Server mail.gmx.com
SMTP port (Default 25) : 25
To: address luke.lubinskyj@gmail.com
Alt To: address
Re-email delay (minutes) 60
Email authentication X Enabled Disabled
User name lukesreef@gmx.com
User password XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Email test X

Any help? mabey it is a port thing????
When i port forwarded?? does it hafta match the private or public port number???

(and yes i can access my apex from outside my house )

aquamanic
05/13/2012, 10:45 AM
change the port to 587.

Nothing to do with your Apex's port or port forwarding. That's just for inbound.

If changing the GMX port to 587 doesn't work, follow the steps in the User Guide to telnet in and put email in debug mode then post the output here.

Lukel
05/13/2012, 11:40 AM
Changing the port didn't help , but you lost me at telnet

L8ndeb
05/13/2012, 11:48 AM
Changing the port didn't help , but you lost me at telnet

Do you have a copy of the New Users Guide? First, start with pages 28 - 29. Telnet can be accessed (in most cases) through Windows in a DOS (command) prompt. You might have to enable it in Windows. Make sure that it is configured in your router to port forward on port 23.

Lukel
05/13/2012, 12:21 PM
The responce was
"SMTP: Mail.gmx.com unkn host"

RussM
05/13/2012, 12:34 PM
The responce was
"SMTP: Mail.gmx.com unkn host"
Unknown host mean that it can't resolve the SMTP server name to an IP address. This is almost always caused by incorrect default gateway and/or DNS Server settings in the controller.

In most cases, both settings should point to the local/internal IP address of your router. SInce you can access it from the Internet, the default gateway is probably correct, so let's focus on the DNS server setting.

If you post screen shots of the Apex network settings and the LAN setup page of the router, I can tell you exactly what hose values should be.

Or, you can simply put 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 in as the Apex DNS server settings (these are Google's public DNS servers, and are very fast and reliable). You MUST reboot the Apex for those new settings to take affects.

Lukel
05/13/2012, 12:48 PM
Ha... Fixed :)
I had to play with the ip of my apex on my home system, my stupid router is 192.168.0.1, anyways, my apex was factory set for 192.168.1.50...
i didn't know that i had to change the dns numbers too....
as soon as i changed the dns numbers to the 0 instead of 1 and restarted the apex, i heard my android go off in the other room!!!

It Works, Thanks for the timely help Everyone