PDA

View Full Version : Worried about my New Scott's Wrasse...

DarthSimon
05/13/2012, 10:34 AM
Hey Guys,
Over the last month I've added all Terminal Male, Pink Margin, Scotts on now Rhomboid... The Margin and Rhomboid are doing great....

They were added in this order...

Pink Margin: 2-3 weeks ago... Within 2 days out and eating great!!

Scott's : 9 Days ago... Still hiding, can see him, he looks fine, breathing... Just hangs out in a cave or 2... Haven't seen him eat... Never comes out into the open...

Rhomboid: Added 2 days ago... He is already out and eating.. Was eating at store well....

Cant seem to get Scott's out?? Any special food? Should I try live brine??

Any help greatly appreciated... 9 days is a long time to not see a fish eat correct?? Ive been feeding a mix of meaty foods and pellets...

Thx in advance guys....

Steve

reefjunkie42
05/13/2012, 12:47 PM
very aggressive fairy...he will probably come out and whomp on the other 2.i hope it works out for you.

DarthSimon
05/13/2012, 12:50 PM
Can a big 4-5 inch Plus Fairy Wrasse like this go 10 days with no food??
I've been feeding like crazy to get him out... I have a string Skummer, Reef Octo 3000xp, so no worries...

aleonn
05/13/2012, 02:59 PM
I'd get worried if my fish don't eat after 7-8 days. Try to entice him to eat by soaking foods in garlic. Also try something different such as flakes.

snorvich
05/13/2012, 06:29 PM
very aggressive fairy...he will probably come out and whomp on the other 2.i hope it works out for you.

Yes, indeed.

DarthSimon
05/13/2012, 06:57 PM
The fish seems to be moving a little bit in a small area of my rock work. Because I didn't see him today and he returned to his sleeping cave towards the end of the day and cacooned....

reefjunkie42
05/13/2012, 07:29 PM
i would try to remove the fish.

DarthSimon
05/14/2012, 03:32 PM
Not possible.... I tried some brine shrimp soaked in garlic and Selcon today... Sprayed it right in his cave... Didn't see him eat, but he did swim away...

tcmfish
05/14/2012, 03:56 PM
While I have not kept a Scott's Wrasse with other wrasses, everything I have heard/read about them is they will be the boss. You may want to get it out to save the other (more expensive) fish in the long run.

I know you said it wasn't possible, but either it will eat and you can trap it or it won't and consider it a blessing. AKA research first.