PDA

View Full Version : Which LED lights to add to my MH/T5 Hood?

240galman
05/17/2012, 06:06 AM
Good morning from Wausau, WI!

My DT is 60X36X25H. I currently have a 48" hood with 2-150 watt MH, 2-54watt T5 bulbs, and 2-54watt Actinic bulbs.

I purchased this hood (and the tank) from Glasscages.com. The tank is wonderful:rollface: but the hood is not..The hood also has 2 LED night lights which work on the same power cord as the T5's, doesn't make any sense at all as I have the T5's on a timer so I now have no light at night??

My other concern is that the hood is only 48" wide and my tank is 60"wide. I would like to eventually go all LED (EXPENSIVE)! but for now I am thinking of adding two 60" LED strips to either side of my hood fixture.

I am looking for suggestion of what type of LED to add. Currently I have some easy care button polyps, Leather Coral, Moon Coral, and a Green Star Polyp. The tank has only been running for 2 months. I am looking to also keep some SPS and LPS corals.

Suggestions please! :dance:

Thanks!!

240galman
05/18/2012, 08:40 PM
Anyone have any suggestions??

240galman
05/23/2012, 09:44 AM
So, I am thinking of adding some BlueLine 48" 36w Blue/White VHO LED Strips to the edges of my canopy with the intentions of eventually going with all LED.

I will be posting some more pics of where my tank is at in the build process later. Things are going very well!

Thanks for your input,
Scott