PDA

View Full Version : Calcium reactors

Joel_155
05/17/2012, 11:46 PM
So im quite a ways from needing this ( my tank is cycling atm ) but i plan on getting one eventually and wanted to see what people recommend. Any brand preferences or styles? I know there are 1 chamber and 2 chamber designs. Ive read about the second chamber being a "degassing" chamber and raises the PH of the effluent.

Basically just looking for feed back from experience here. Also i have am Apex so any info regarding how both work together wouls also be appreciated.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

James77
05/17/2012, 11:55 PM
Geo is about the best there is, and an all time favorite here. Pair it with a quality regulator and feed pump, and you are golden ;)

sbeason
05/18/2012, 05:41 AM
+2 GEO. I have owned two of them(started out with the 612, now own 618). Pretty easy to set up and get running.

-Steve

JAustin
05/18/2012, 07:40 AM
Pacific East Imports reactors are nice. They have the add on chamber available as well. I own a PEI reactor with a PM effluent chamber, great combination. I would have bought a PEI effleunt chamber but I got a great deal on the PM one.

GEO is nice, no doubt about that, so you can't go wrong there.

Purchase another PH probe and have your controller regulate your Co2 regulator to maintain your reactor PH. Very simple. Don't even worry about what the bubble counter is doing....it's not important

What size system are you needing to dose?

zaheda
05/18/2012, 07:49 AM
Deltek. You can run an effluent of up to 80dkh.

Joel_155
05/18/2012, 10:45 AM
My tank is 110 gallons. At this point im no where near close to needing this yet as my tank is still cycling ( my ammonia is at 1 ppm and im still waiting for the spike) but i want to make sure that i have whats needed when the time comes.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2