PDA

View Full Version : Rio Seio Super Flow Powerhead Electronic Controller

Lofty
05/18/2012, 02:48 PM
I could not resist :hmm2: Salty Supply Clearance for $25. Orginal price $189. Cheapest New I found online was $127.... I hate My Aqueon 1250s They Are So loud and stick out like a sore thumb... and the JBJ 2 way conrtoller only turns them on and off with a big CACHUNCK sound every time they fire up....So Rather than spend a grand on MP-40s, I decided to give the RIOs a Try... I found on Amazon 2 brand new Rio Seio 1100s that match up with this controller for $42 a piece. This controller has a minimum flow level of 50% and oscillates to 100% this is what I was hoping for to A. Have less noise when switch pumps and B. Create More natural Flow.

Has anyone had any experiance with these? I would like your thoughts.

Thank you!!

Lofty
05/19/2012, 10:39 PM
I about blew a gasket when Salty Supply called me today and said they ran out.... I told him I had already bought the pumps that go with it and he said he would make it happen... fingers crossed

Duvallj
05/19/2012, 11:11 PM
I've just switched from the rio seios to tunze.

They're ok, I've never had a problem with them. Awhile ago they were really good, but then again flow options were limited. Normally you had to melt and bend pvc over normal power heads to fan the flow.
I don't know what mounts came with your pumps, but now that all the sieo stuff is on clearance, you might be able to find the magnet mounts. Much better than the stock suction cups.
They'll work, just keep in mind the rios are larger and put out more head than newer prop style pumps.

Lofty
05/19/2012, 11:41 PM
Yeah, some day I'll get some MP-40s, but in the mean time, Im pretty happy with only spending 120 to get this set up. Do you happen to know where I can find the magnets? that would be awesome!!

Thanks

Duvallj
05/19/2012, 11:48 PM
I got mine from drsfostersmith, I see they still have em for like $20.

Lofty
05/19/2012, 11:49 PM
Just ordered!!! Thanks!!