PDA

View Full Version : switching to FO

scott11
05/21/2012, 07:41 AM
I have a reef, but I am switching over to FO, sort of. Thinking about keeping my RBTA's and my reef fish, just adding to it. The only coral left is a few mushroom as polyps that I dont care about. I do have one cleaner shrimp that I will probably have to catch

Looking for an eel and a trigger that are unlikely to mess with anemones, and not certain to eat my fish. A small eel would be better since all my fish are larger. I was thinking snowflake eel and niger trigger- anything more exotic that would work? It is a 92gal corner

randomfishguy85
05/21/2012, 07:48 AM
while the eel and trigger wouldnt bother the polyps or rbta, the trigger would get too large for that tank. have you considered a filefish? they look like triggers, just much smaller

Dubya_R_X
05/21/2012, 10:36 PM
I'm in the same boat you are. Getting out of coral and going FO. Haven't considered an eel until now though. Have you looked into it much?

scott11
05/22/2012, 10:10 AM
not too much, but I picked up a tiny snowflake eel at the LFS. Would prefer something like the golden dwarf moray, but its not worth the cost to me at the moment. I just hope he isnt too shy since I have so much rockwork.