PDA

View Full Version : fish disappearing

rjackson82
05/22/2012, 07:04 PM
So in the last week i have had 2 fish disappear on me. first it was my scopis tang that i was growing out in my 44gal hex till i am able to get my large tank finished off and today i wake up and my coral beauty is gone. This is driving me nuts. I was out of test kits so took a water sample in to the coral shop i go to and water parms were good to go only cal was a little low. Now idea what happened to them there is no trace of the fish. The wife is mad i'm just baffled.

devildog999
05/22/2012, 08:13 PM
Did you check to make sure they weren't carpet surfing? In the overflow? Hiding in the LR? Any critters like cats and dogs that could have eaten them before you found that they died from surfing on the carpet?

rjackson82
05/22/2012, 08:18 PM
not carpet surfing the top of the tank is sealed to the point that they can't get out. they were to big to fit in the overflow and i can see in the holes in the live rock and all around it also. only thing i can think of is they just up and died and the clean up crew did a great job on hiding the bodies or they got to friendly with my big LTA and it had two good meals.

devildog999
05/22/2012, 08:27 PM
I would agree, if no way to get out or into anything else and def not in LR, the LTA and/or cleanup crew had a nice pricey buffet

lil_man72
05/22/2012, 08:49 PM
i'd guess it's the lta. if they just died, you would have more than likely seen some sort of evidence. i had several small fish disappear in a 24g, until i caught my mini-maxi in the act on the last one.
mini maxi is gone and i haven't lost a fish yet. i do have a rbta in there.

tangs_tank
05/23/2012, 11:32 AM
Some anemones are fish eaters. Could be from your description.