PDA

View Full Version : Red tail Tamarin Wrass sick :(

hampmp
05/24/2012, 09:39 AM
In order for us to provide the best possible help, please provide the following information. It will really help us and it will be information we need.

1. How old is this aquarium? Aquarium is approximately 4 months old.

2. If less than six months old, what is ammonia level? Ammonia level is 0

3. What is SG of this aquarium? How measured? Salinity is 1.026

4. When was the last fish added to this aquarium? Last fish was added to the aquarium 1 week ago.

5. Was it quarantined? If so, how? And how long? Was it prophylactically treated? How? It was quarantined for 30 days and it was fresh water dipped.

6. If you are using a copper based medication, which one? How often do you measure level? When? Not using this.

7. If you are using hyposalinity, how did you calibrate your refractometer? Not doing Hyposolinity.

8. Please describe in detail, the appearance of the fish? If there is one or more pimples, are they lumpy? What color? The appearance of the fish is normal although his top fin is darkened slightly I believe (could have been the lights off this morning will recheck this when I'm home from work in a couple hours.

9. Please describe the behavior of the fish as best you can. Is it acting reclusive? Is it always up towards the top of the aquarium? Is it avoiding light? How active is the fish? The fish from the get go has always been fairly shy I've had it in the tank about a month. It always burrows earlier in the evening so I have to be sure to feed early when I get home. The fish will swim around and pick off rocks normally. Yesterday when I came home she was laying on the sand bed and it looks like she might be breathing hard. When I put my hand down by him he got up and started swimming around. She is usually very friendly and will even lay in my hand (I moved some rocks around a couple weeks ago and she wanted to lay in my hand). She normally burrows under sand and didn't last night.

10. Is the fish eating? What? She is eating and I feed a mixture of Rod's original and Mysis Shrimp.

Additional Notes she will lay on her side then switch to another side. Then she will get up and swim around the tank and then lay down again. Any help you can provide would be very much appreciated. Hate thinking she might be suffering :(

hampmp
05/24/2012, 04:06 PM
Here is a video of him laying on the sand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki5zR61dIrk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Here is him just 30 seconds later
ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2URsr-_GC0&feature=youtube_gdata_player