PDA

View Full Version : BTA doesn't like the light?

Spudstr
05/28/2012, 07:20 PM
So I got a BTA a week or two ago and he decided to make his home into a rock crevasse and hides there most of the day and barely opens up... when the lights go off he comes out and opens up wide and looks to be happy and all big.

Does he just not like light? lighting is a radian LED

chris88
05/28/2012, 07:37 PM
same problem with the same light. i have mine on peak at about 60% intensity and its still to much light for them.

Spudstr
05/28/2012, 08:17 PM
same problem with the same light. i have mine on peak at about 60% intensity and its still to much light for them.

well this makes it a bit awkward then doesn't it :(

what time of anemone is yours bta?

KCthe I inTeam
05/28/2012, 08:22 PM
Had a gbta do this it was like it was on the opposite schedule closed during the day and fully spread out during the night. I lowered the intensity on my LEDs and he slowly started opening during the day more and more over a week or so. Then I slowly raised the intensity of the LEDs back up and he is perfectly happy now open all day.

MD Ocean Girl
05/29/2012, 08:22 AM
You need to acclimate your anemone to your light. Especially with LED's.....depending on their optics, the light does not spread out as much as T5's or halides, causing much more inense, focal points of light on your tank.

I'd turn down the intensity on your lights and/or put 3 layers of window screen to shade out the anemone, allow your anemone to open up when your lights are on, and then slowly increase your lighting and/or remove window screens every week.