PDA

View Full Version : Am I an idiot for buying Microbacter7?

Outlets710
05/30/2012, 07:59 PM
I have found I will always feel like a newbie to this hobby, at least for sometime to come. I upgrading tanks going from a 16AIO to a 30 AIO using half my old water, all my old LR,CC, corals plus LR from local fish store , however will be replacing sandbed. I was sold this product being told it would help with the transition? Bad move on purchase?

michaelr
05/30/2012, 10:01 PM
i couldnt see it doing any damage. some people swear by bio kick starters after all. Is it necessary to add it in that situation? no. will you be fine? most likely yes

sbazain
05/30/2012, 10:38 PM
my system crashed two month's ago because I removed the biological filter when I introduced a sump for the first time everything went to he____.So started to use microbacter 7 one full cap daily for ten days like the instruc. say to establish beneficial bacteria and everything went back to normal it helped with the ammonia and the nitrates as a matter a fact it helped me save two of my clowns.

denash24
05/30/2012, 10:54 PM
Microbacter is a great product, just follow the instructions but I would only dose about 75% of the recommend amount, adding more will not help or speed up the process. Good luck...

Outlets710
05/31/2012, 06:21 AM
You guys are fantastic, thank you for amswering so quickly. I had to to return it today if I was going to do but looks like I will be keeping it. Thanks again!

sponger0
05/31/2012, 07:33 AM
IMO, Im not really a fan of any Brightwell products. Never got the results they claimed to have

Raggamuffin
05/31/2012, 09:40 AM
This is a yes and no IME. 1: Yes it definately helps and is one of the few "snake oils" that really works. BUT. 2: You wont get what they claim, not saying it is junk by any means it just is not a miracle cure all for good old fashioned taking your time.

disc1
05/31/2012, 10:09 AM
You didn't do any harm, but if you brought over live rock then yes you absolutely wasted money buying something you already had.