PDA

View Full Version : Tunze wavebox pump malfunctioning??

jlinzmaier
06/01/2012, 10:51 AM
Hello.

I have two Tunze waveboxes that I purchased about 8 months ago. Yesterday I noticed that one wasn't functioning. I cleaned it out per the instructions at the top of this forum and still no luck. I borrowed a friends power supply and controller from his wavebox to rule out those as being the problem. It still didn't work with my friends power supply and controller.

When I plug in the power cord the impeller twitches for a brief second and acts like it wants to go but doesn't. That seems pretty similar to how a pump would act if there is caco3 build up, but I don't think that's the problem because the impeller is perfectly clean and so is teh inside of the pump. I can freely spin the impeller. Even when the pump is plugged into the power supply I can freely spin the impeller.

Any suggestions on what could be wrong and how I can fix it?? Frustrated that I'm having trouble after buying this less than 8 months ago. Hope someone has ideas.

Jeremy

rvitko
06/01/2012, 11:00 AM
Waveboxes from 8 months ago should have very different pumps from what is described in the top thread, since 2009 they have included the 6215.200 pump which has a very different drive unit and no alarm. If these were waveboxes you got new 8 months ago, the drive unit has a metal shaft and the propeller and magnet must be free to spin on the metal shaft, the must common issue is that lime build up has seized the magnet and prop onto the shaft, freeing this up should fix it.

jlinzmaier
06/01/2012, 03:45 PM
I have the wavebox 6212. The controller number is 6091 and the number on the pump is 6261. Not sure what all those numbers mean but my pump doesn't have the propeller like the first pic in the thread about cleaning pumps. It has a single unit propeller like the one shown a bit further down on that pump cleaning thread. No steel shaft. Just magnet attached to propeller.

I just meant to indicate that I took the propeller out and cleaned out any debris or caco3 precipitation. The propeller turns free and isn't obstructed or stuck in place.

Did I somehow get stuck with an outdated model??

Jeremy

rvitko
06/01/2012, 04:04 PM
We switched from the 6212 to the 6215 around September 2009. It would be under warranty as long as you have a receipt showing it was purchased within 2 years as a new item and not as a used or closeout item at a discount. It really could be either the pump or power supply or controller.

The units we have made since July 2011 would have included the 6215.200 pump and 7092 controller. July 2011 is when we updated the controller.

jlinzmaier
06/01/2012, 04:27 PM
We switched from the 6212 to the 6215 around September 2009. It would be under warranty as long as you have a receipt showing it was purchased within 2 years as a new item and not as a used or closeout item at a discount. It really could be either the pump or power supply or controller.

The units we have made since July 2011 would have included the 6215.200 pump and 7092 controller. July 2011 is when we updated the controller.

Sounds good. I'll dig up that receipt. Where should I mail it??

Jeremy

rvitko
06/04/2012, 08:17 AM
Please send to:

Tunze USA
305 Victor St
Austin, TX 78753

Make sure a note is in the box with your return address and phone number.