PDA

View Full Version : Houdini Yellowtail Damsel...

LordVega
06/03/2012, 10:53 PM
http://www.fishchannel.com/images/fish-species/saltwater/yellowtail-damsel.jpg I got the yellowtail yesterday and did not see it this morning and thought well maybe its hidding... did not see it again. so i took all the rocks out of my nano and its not in the tank, or the rocks, or the chambers not even on the floor. how is this possible has this happened to anybody? Anybody else have a magical fish?
http://www.mariamagic.com/thumbnails/cat_fish_gif.jpg

Decadence
06/04/2012, 01:20 AM
naturally, he is somewhere. My royal gramma was missing for four days and then I saw him swimming around in the sump... This is one hell of a ride through my complicated plumbing. Right now I can't find my yellow corris wrasse anywhere but with an established reef tank, I don't want to lift the rocks to search. He was healthy as could be before he went missing but I think he is just hiding from the new yellowfin flasher wrasse though they were friends for a good couple of days.

Check inside any of your filters (found my fire shrimp inside of the suction tube) and search your floor around the tank more thoroughly. Fish can also find small holes in the rocks to hide in.

jimmy n
06/04/2012, 08:09 AM
My bet is on the LR. He's holed up in there somewhere.

cloak
06/04/2012, 11:19 AM
I hope it's not in the claws of an unwanted hitchiker. I had this happen to a small blue tang one time. The fish just disappeared. Once I started turning rocks over I found it in the grasp of a red eye crab. It was still alive but about 1/3 of the fish had been devoured. It was not a pretty sight. :(

LordVega
06/04/2012, 12:55 PM
but im so careful when adding stuff, i hope the blue hemit crabs did not do this, cuz other than that i have the lots brittle worms (Phylum Annelida) and 3 brittle star fish (Ophiomastix variabilis). i guess wait till i smell something

SeanT
06/05/2012, 06:18 PM
You'll be happier in the long run if he did disappear.

Those fish are jerks.