PDA

View Full Version : Positioning of my Ric

spoiled739
06/04/2012, 12:06 AM
I got a Ric earlier this spring and have tried some different spots with it and I still cant get the results I see others on here with. My ric never seems to really open up fully and expand. I have it on the sand bed on a tile in my 12 gallon nano with power compacts above it. Any advice on placement. The parameters are good and it has always been like this since I bought it. It is also in a low flow area. I tried a higher flow area and it was about the same as it is in the low flow area still not as open as other people show theirs to be.

Any ideas?

CMS!
06/04/2012, 05:20 PM
I placed mine on the bottom of me tank right by my rocks with a little coverage from the rocks above and they took a long time before the came out in full. They just seem very temperamental and don't like to be moved.

Das awesome
06/04/2012, 07:14 PM
How long are you keeping the rics in their spots before moving them?

spoiled739
06/04/2012, 09:22 PM
I have only tried 2 spots total. The first spot when I first put it in the tank was on the bottom and it was there for about a month and a half, it has been in the new spot ever since. So its been in its current spot for about two months now. Do I just need to be patient and wait for it. Its current spot is on the bottom under a bit of a rock overhang with low flow.

bwig333
06/06/2012, 07:41 PM
I have 2 in my tank that have been there for over a year. They actually survived a move(on the liverock). The problem is they have moved to a low light area and have almost disappeared. I can see 4 mouths on 1 and 2 on the other but other colors have disappeared. I am going to physically move them to another area. Good luck with yours

spoiled739
06/06/2012, 07:47 PM
I just really want it to open up fully. I would like to get some more rics, but I feel until this one opens up I should wait as I want to know that I am doing it right. It hasn't died and it looks healthy, it just is small and does not look as open as the pics I see people post on here.

Das awesome
06/07/2012, 01:10 AM
Just give it some time and make sure your parameters are all good. I had a Duncan that would not fully open for 3 months and one day it was just happy as ever

Nemos Boss
06/08/2012, 12:27 AM
They really like lower flow; Ricordia do well on the sandbed. I glue allot of these guys down without observing them happy in the placement. it will eventually adjust unless your blasting it with light and flow. Give it at least a few days to settle in before moving it. I just wish they grew faster. I love tanks full of ric. endless color