PDA

View Full Version : fish for my 75 gallon

mitch303
06/05/2012, 01:31 AM
I have a 75 gallon with 20 long sump. Right now i have a ocellaris clown and a royal gramma. I plan on adding a yellow eye kole tang, would this be all the fish i could have?

revaltion131
06/05/2012, 08:38 AM
No, you can certainly add more, though there's a good chance the royal gramma will harass any new fish. What and how much more fish you add depends on the species of fish you're interested in.

Microcosmos
06/05/2012, 09:02 AM
Depends on what your goals are. I believe you can add a few more fish after adding the tang if you are doing FOWLR and maybe some softies, but if you plan on going full reef you may want to add fewer fish overall. What do you want out of this tank?

jaa1456
06/05/2012, 09:42 AM
The more fish means the more up keep and water changes. I do about 10 gallons in my 65 a week due to the amount of fish. But you could defintely add a few more fish, depending on what you are looking at. Or maybe just one more larger fish but I wouldn't add another tang.

mitch303
06/05/2012, 11:53 AM
I plan on having mainly lps and zoas. Yea i definitely don't plan on adding another tang.I was thinking maybe a long nose hawkfish or some kind of goby anyone have a suggestion on a good goby that will survive, i know there are certain ones that only eat stuff in the sand.

ilikefish34
06/06/2012, 07:56 AM
I like the Randali Watchman Goby. Doesn't get very large and not aggressive IMO. You could get a pair, pair with a pistol shrimp or both scenarios. However, if you get the shrimp, it may be an expensive snack for a future hawkfish or wrasse. I do like the long nose and they are quite easy to keep but they may limit choices if you would like to add the pistol or cleaner shrimps in the future.

Always glad to see people doing their homework before adding fish :)

BuffaloReef
06/06/2012, 02:53 PM
I've heard of Royal Gramma aggression but never saw it in either I owned. I would add a small clown to mate with yours. A pair of clowns is a beautiful sight in my opinion. I think the Kole is a good choice but why pick something so similar in color to the purple and yellow fish you already have? Variety really makes things stand out!

mitch303
06/07/2012, 01:38 PM
I do like the idea of having a pistol shrimp goby pair, i have heard that the pistol shrimp will bury any corals on the sand and have also been known to drag frags down into their caves. I don't know why but i love the kole tangs, i know a lot of people say they are not the most attractivetang but i love them probably my favorite tang. Do you guys think the kole will be fine in the 75 i do not plan on upgrading anytime soon and i would not want to have to take him out if he gets to big. So will the kole be fine in this tank his whole life.

mitch303
06/07/2012, 01:40 PM
Yea my royal gramma has never bothered anyone he is actually really shy.