PDA

View Full Version : buying online in USA

mytankrules
06/10/2012, 05:52 AM
Hi guys,
I am really struggling to find a decent place to buy some GHL Profilux items ONLINE in the USA. I need them shipped overnight and I am looking at the following items:

1. Vortech wireless controller
2. x4 Dosing pump
3. Flow sensor (Slow flow)
4. PH probe
5. PH probe extention module

I would REALLY appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction.

SPotter
06/10/2012, 06:02 AM
Try imagineanocean.com. Yorgos is pretty responsive.

mytankrules
06/10/2012, 06:17 AM
Try imagineanocean.com. Yorgos is pretty responsive.

@spotter - thank you for the quick reply I will try them now and feedback.

if anyone has others please keep them comming

AQD_ottawa
06/10/2012, 07:18 AM
Here is another great store also
http://www.the-fishstore.com/fs_cart_splash.php

Vivid aquarums are also stockists in Ca

Worldwide corals also

Ryoria LLC

the list is huge but we tend to only promote stock holders its only fair for those that have invested heavily.

mytankrules
06/10/2012, 07:28 AM
thank you I understand and I would require someone with stock as I would need the items as soon as possible.

The other question: A PH proble expansion module the pictures show three modules, does one module do all three things i.e. conductivity, PH etc or do you have to buy a pack of three different modules instead of just one PH expantion module?

AQD_ottawa
06/10/2012, 07:31 AM
Hi

No this is a generic photo, the pH expansion module is a dual mode card, it is designed for either pH or redox, when you install it, in the software you select which operation mode you require.

pH expansion modules now come with free generic pH probes making it even more affordable, so you are buying a kit, this is new so please inform you retailer this is what you require.

mytankrules
06/10/2012, 07:33 AM
Oh great it is the same pricing (all the sites you provided) are around the $199 USD mark?

I need the PH probe for my calcium reactor and a gerneric module should do just fine right?

AQD_ottawa
06/10/2012, 07:39 AM
Hi

no its $119

the one for $199 is a dual card that you can use redox and ph at the same time.

generic is probably better for a calcium reactor as the probes last half as long due to the harsh enviroment.

But I would look at doing 3 part balling instead of a calcium reactor, here are the reasons

1. You have full control over each element ALK Ca and Mg
2. a calcium reactor you have no control over anything really it puts in the tank elements only dependant on the availability within the rock.
3. less equipment
4. less maintenance
5. stable tank parameters
6. no need for 2nd ph probe

we sell start up kits that include
GHL 3 pump doser
fluid chamber 2.5L or 5L
mineral salt pack made for the exact chmaber water volume so no measuring
tube grip holder

Its really worth the switch for sure.

mytankrules
06/10/2012, 07:41 AM
I should have done my research before then, just bought the reef octopus SC-5000 the big all in one reactor.

I have been mailing the shops asking them about this option. lets hope they know what i am talking about.

mytankrules
06/10/2012, 07:45 AM
trying to google Ryoria LLC but its not coming up with anything do they have a web presence?

AQD_ottawa
06/10/2012, 07:50 AM
Ryoria, LLC
1603 Hudson Rd
Greer SC United States
Phone: 29650
rlh@ryoria.com

mytankrules
06/10/2012, 07:51 AM
BTW I have a profilux with x2, x4 SA dosers already.... had two pumps available should of thought about it

AQD_ottawa
06/10/2012, 07:54 AM
in this case you already have 80% of the cost to switch we can supply everything minus the doser.

need to shoot out now for the day, I will follow up later

larryfl1
06/10/2012, 08:25 AM
where is the information on your premixed salts??

AQD_ottawa
06/10/2012, 09:17 AM
http://www.oceanfreshaquarium.com/coral-grow-alk/
http://www.oceanfreshaquarium.com/coral-grow-ca/
http://www.oceanfreshaquarium.com/coral-grow-mag/

These three make 3 part that is ionically balanced, nearly all methods on the market are not ionically balanced or you have to add balancing salts to do so, with the Ocean fresh range there is no mixing or measuring this is all done for you, just chooise 2.5L or 5L size depending on your chmaber size

larryfl1
06/10/2012, 09:22 AM
in a large medium stocked tank 350 gallon size...

how long would you expect the 5L size to last about...

i know its subjective but evaluating trying it vs the current calcium reactor that is online...

AQD_ottawa
06/10/2012, 09:25 AM
totally impossible to predict it is down to the mineral requirements of each indivdual coral.

My 60 gal full sps reef that has huge caps, I mean massive! I get through 2.5L of ALk every month and the ca lasts about 6 months and the Mg easily 8 months.

I am dosing 80ml of alk a day but this is high due to the colony size.

BradR
06/11/2012, 01:55 PM
Hi, I bought my profilux controller and some accessories from progressive reef. They've since gone out of business. May I please have a phone number to call for help getting the system set up and working? Thanks!

AQD_ottawa
06/11/2012, 02:02 PM
Hi

support is done by the support forum where you will find a library of video how to guides

www.profiluxsupport.com

And if you get real stuck you can email us at sales@aqua-digital.com but please first sign up to the support forum and have a look at the how to guides.

Due to the mass of questions we receive it is impossible to offer phone support.

BradR
06/11/2012, 02:39 PM
Okay, will check it out. Thanks!