PDA

View Full Version : electronically speed-controlled submersible pumps

septicdeath
06/12/2012, 10:34 AM
Thought I would ask here, as I havent had much luck searching.

Anyways, I'm looking for a couple options on DC controllable pumps. I already have a Tunze 1073.05 (211 - 792 gph) for my main system pump, but would like to find a smaller version and potentially a larger version.

Does anyone know of any other pumps that are variable speed. That could potentially be controlled by my APEX unit?

I dont mind paying a premium for such a unit, I suppose for my smaller needs, I will just grab another 1073.05 and throttle it down. But I'd like to find something that can push 1200gph or so at top speed, with a variable speed control on it.

Thanks in advance.

Radar1
06/12/2012, 10:51 AM
Maybe you should look into the RLSS DC5000. sold at aquarium specialty. I too run a Tunze return pump but am concidering the DC5000 as a replacement.

septicdeath
06/12/2012, 12:59 PM
thanks, exactly why I posted. Didn't know it existed, although it would be nice to be able to throttle it from the apex, in all reality, I hardly every change the speed of the Tunze remotely, at least not enough to make it a deal breaker.

Thanks again. Have you found any other comparable units in the smaller size frame?

JakeGr
06/12/2012, 01:15 PM
I don't think the RLSS pumps can be controlled by an Apex out of the box yet. They have their own controller.