PDA

View Full Version : Salifert Mg Test kit instructions HELP!!!

ahmedess
06/13/2012, 01:00 PM
I just bought a Salifert Mg test kit and I lost its instructions. I searched for instructions online and I found three different ones available:

one that says add 5ml of water to be tested and 6 drops of Mg-1, another that says add 2ml of water to be tested and 5 drops of Mg-1 and a third one that says add 2ml of water and 4 drops of Mg-1.

know I am pretty confused I do not know which one to use. I have also checked some videos on youtube about this kit and they seem to be using different size of spoon and the dropper looks different than the one i have.

Heres a picture of my test kit hope anyone that has the same version of my kit can help me out

hkgar
06/13/2012, 01:55 PM
I just bought a Salifert Mg test kit and I lost its instructions. I searched for instructions online and I found three different ones available:

one that says add 5ml of water to be tested and 6 drops of Mg-1, another that says add 2ml of water to be tested and 5 drops of Mg-1 and a third one that says add 2ml of water and 4 drops of Mg-1.

know I am pretty confused I do not know which one to use. I have also checked some videos on youtube about this kit and they seem to be using different size of spoon and the dropper looks different than the one i have.

Heres a picture of my test kit hope anyone that has the same version of my kit can help me out

It looks to be the newest Mg kit from Salifert. That would be 2 ml water and 5 drops mg1

It is the newest version it the dosing spoon for Mg2 is small and red.

The old kits were 2 ml water and 4 drops.

Don't know about the 5 ml though.

acabgd
06/13/2012, 02:01 PM
I have the same kit, it's the newer Salifert Mg test kit.
2ml of water, 5 drops of Mg-1, one dosing spoon of Mg-2 and 1ml of Mg-3.
However, if you lost the instructions you also lost the Mg table with which you read the result. Did you find that one online?

ahmedess
06/13/2012, 02:03 PM
nope

ahmedess
06/13/2012, 02:04 PM
could you send me the table please

ahmedess
06/13/2012, 02:07 PM
okay i found the table is that the same as the one you have:

http://www.f3images.com/IMD/UserManuals/SF1125.pdf

acabgd
06/14/2012, 01:52 PM
Yeah, that's the one. Sorry for the late reply.