PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Tunze 9006

Haracin
06/15/2012, 08:43 AM
Hi, guys! :wave:

I have a small problem with my skimmer. I'm using Tunze 9006 for a month or so and i'm really happy with it. But, today i turned off skimmer because i wanted to put a reef booster in my tank. After a 60 minutes i turned on skimmer, but it does not start producing small bubbles but instead it looks like boiling water. Just few big bubbles. There are also a lot of micro bubbles in water.
Then i opened skimmer to see if something is weird inside, but everything seems to be in place.
I know that it needs to break in again but i don't know why skimmer is not producing small bubbles.

My tank is 35 g, it has no fish, just few soft and LPS corals. Tank is a few months old.

rvitko
06/15/2012, 09:06 AM
I am not sure what reef booster is? If it is an additive, my guess is it changed the surface tension, the result is like adding antifreeze or soap to water. It will change the bubble size as well as how far they travel. Usually after 3-7 days if more is not added, the skimming will return to normal.

Haracin
06/15/2012, 09:39 AM
Thank you for quick answer. Yeah, reef booster is an additive. I hope that you're right, rvitko!