PDA

View Full Version : please help dont wanna lose this fish

bills tank
06/15/2012, 12:23 PM
Hi I really hope someone can help me with this . I have a black and white ocillaris clownfish sorry my spelling is off but tryen to axt fast i have a white and black clowbfish that looked great for a week now has something wrong with it . Ive had problems with just about every fish ive baught from this lfs lately and the ladt time i did it cost me two black ice snowglake clowns for the two dumb chromis i put in but all my fish in my reecf tank have been doing great and still r i have three bangiis and a manderan one mocha clown and the only one that has this is my new black cliwn she has a few spots that r greyish whiteish color it acts fine besides opening its mouth all the time like its swollen water ill try to attach pics byt if i cant and u think u can help me pm me email and ill send pics . Please I know theres some people on herr that can help me .

bills tank
06/15/2012, 12:26 PM
Att more pics that one that went up is its mouth thing

bills tank
06/15/2012, 12:28 PM
Last pic look at back of body grey spot this pic now in this post look at bottom fin the grey spot

bills tank
06/15/2012, 12:31 PM
If anyone has a idea of what it can b and treatment please tell me like i said no other fish have this just this black clown i need to figure it out fast cuz i cant afford to lose this fish

MrTuskfish
06/15/2012, 01:26 PM
One pic looks like its possibly the start of brooklynella (blotch near rear)....tough to tell. Maybe ich (spots on fins), or velvet. Google (include images) "brooklynella", ''marine ich", & "marine velvet' and see if you can tell. If you're having continual problems with fish from the same LFS, maybe its time to find a new source. I assume you're not using a QT; you'll never avoid these problems if you don't start. Also, how's the mandarin doing? they seldom do well in a small tank. I sure wouldn't buy any more fish until you slow down, get a QT, and learn to identify parasites/diseases. the stickys at the top of the disease forum are a great place to start. I hate to give you more bad news; but if this clown has a parasite; and I think it does, you could lose all of your fish if you don't act ASAP.

bills tank
06/15/2012, 01:55 PM
I do have a qt tank and have had the manderan in this tank for a long time with no problems i have had this reef tank going for over 15 yrs so its plenty est for the mandy i do have a 75 g that is in the works and that is were the fish will end up but thats not the problem at hand this tank has been going for a long time with no problems until now . Ive always qtd my fish and this problem didnt happen till the clown was in this tank for a few days the chromis didnt make it out of qt one went back to the store where the owner said he has no problems i than pointed out a dozen fish with the same problem the ones he sold me had . The clown looked good so it went in the tank than it started . But wouldnt the other fish that have been in there for yrs have this too cuz they all look fine the clown is the only one with it not even the other clown that lives in the nem with this clown has it ?

bills tank
06/15/2012, 02:10 PM
Sorry if i sounded rude i got the mandy skinnnny and its huge now so its doing very well . I wanted to update i noticed the clown sucks on the btas tenticals ? Is that normal ? Ive had reef tanks since i was a kid i now have six in my house and have never had a problem with sic fish and im losen my mind over it like i said its only exspensive clownfiah that r getting sic the other fish r doing good they all eat have fins up and show no signs of sickness just the clown im tryen to get it out and in qt now which is hard in a tank with sps and tons of rock covered in softies i have a huge cleaner shrimp in the tank that has cleaned the chromis in the past but the other fish never go to it for help ill google those u said . Thats what i thought it could b besides the ich i had ich in freshwater in the past and this looks nothing like it the little white specks r reef snow i just fed the reef . Is there a way to treat the tank if its in the tanks water ? I appreciate ur input and value it like i said ive never had to deal with this before