PDA

View Full Version : Clownfish being bullied

nepenthes99
06/16/2012, 06:40 PM
I recently purchased a small tomato clownfish from Petco along with a Condylactis anemone. Immediately after I put him in the other fish started chasing him and attacking him. This behavior has continued for several hours. The clown has a damaged section of his tail and I do not know where to put him. I have a 14 gallon biocube, that is all, no refugium or quarantine tank to keep him in. The only fish I have other than him are a scooter dragonet, 2 damsels, and a lawnmower blenny. The damsels are the only ones causing problems. What should I do? Will he seek shelter in the anemone?

bob1968
06/16/2012, 09:25 PM
Get rid of the damsels they are mean.
Most clowns wont host a condy.

nepenthes99
06/17/2012, 07:18 AM
I do not want to get rid of my damsels, they are basically the only colorful fish in my tank. Will the damsels get used to the clown over time?

snorvich
06/17/2012, 10:18 AM
I do not want to get rid of my damsels, they are basically the only colorful fish in my tank. Will the damsels get used to the clown over time?

No. You are overstocked and damsels will not change. Take back the clownfish and do not add any more fish..

snorvich
06/17/2012, 10:18 AM
Get rid of the damsels they are mean.
Most clowns wont host a condy.

This.

MrTuskfish
06/17/2012, 10:23 AM
Your tank is way too small for all the fish you have. Tomato clowns need a lot of space and get way too big for your tank. A single tomato clown will almost certainly become a big female; very aggressive and will not tolerate any of the fish you have in a small tank. IMO, you were already overstocked with 4 small fish. You cannot cram all of these fish into a tiny tank and not expect real aggression, especially from damsels. I sure would get in the habit of researching fish before you buy them. Also, do some reading on nano tanks, you're heading for a problem if you don't get your fish stock under control.