PDA

View Full Version : Questions before ordering

quan325i
06/16/2012, 07:01 PM
I have a few questions before pulling out the credit card for the whole shebang.

1. How long is the cables between the sensors and the controller units?
2. Do I need special hose barbs at the reservoirs and the 1/2 hoses?
3. Are the hose transparent? If yes, will it be a problem with algea, especially with the drain hose.
4. Do the reservoirs have to be mounted higher than all the water sources (fresh water, pre-mixed saltwater and the sump/aquarium)?

Thanks.

QN

Dnastynice
06/16/2012, 07:17 PM
Think you left out the detail of the topic/ thing your talking about buying.. Bump

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2

GenesisReefSys
06/16/2012, 07:39 PM
Hi Quan325i,

I'll answer using the same numbers as your original list:

1. The sensor wires are 8 feet long from the RENEW™ and STORM™ Control Modules to the actual sensors. We do sell 10 foot long extensions for the sensors as well.

2. No special barbs are needed on the Metering Reservoirs; they are built into the reservoirs themselves. Just make sure your pumps' output ports are 1/2" and you'll have no problem at all. The pumps we sell in the bundles do have 1/2" ports.

3. There really shouldn't be a problem with algae in clear tubes since they will not have water in them most of the time (only when the RENEW™ is in the Fill and Dispense stages, and when the STORM™ is actively topping off your sump). The only possible exception is the portion of tubing attached to the RENEW™ system's waste pump that is submerged in your sump, if your sump refugium is brightly illuminated and nutrient-rich.

4. The Metering Reservoirs do drain via gravity, so they do need to be mounted higher than the water source and destination. In other words, the Waste Water Metering Reservoir must be mounted higher than the sump and the drain or waste receptacle, and the Replacement Water Metering Reservoir must be mounted higher than the mixing bin and sump. They do not need to be mounted at the same height, however.

Hope this helps, and as always you can email us directly at [email protected] or you can post here and we'll be sure (typically that means "I'll be sure") to get back to you as soon as possible either way.

Have a great evening,
Kevin

quan325i
06/16/2012, 09:14 PM
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the prompt response. Is there any special promo for the "RENEW™ Pro + STORM™ Pro + Pumps" bundle? I plan on automate my waterchange station this coming 7/4 weekend.

QN

bluebastion
06/19/2012, 03:49 PM
Just to chime in... I've been running both pro systems for almost a year and hands down the best thing I've purchased for my tank... I rate it higher than my lighting fixtures and Ecotech pumps.... No more buckets lugged around with water splashing everywhere.

Just plan well to make it an easy install.

GenesisReefSys
06/20/2012, 05:15 AM
Is there any special promo for the "RENEW™ Pro + STORM™ Pro + Pumps" bundle?
QN

Hi quan325i,

I'm sorry for the delayed response - I didn't see your post until this morning.

Unfortunately, we don't have any promos currently planned.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. I promise to do a better job getting you an answer than I did this time!

Kevin