PDA

View Full Version : Heniochus acuminatus?

Robka
06/17/2012, 12:11 AM
I recently received a Heniochus acuminatus when I had ordered a Heniochus diphreutes. It is in my QT and looking and acting very well. I was credited for the mistake, but is it possible to keep in a reef tank? My corals include:

Acans
Frogspawn
Zoes
Toadstool
Blasto
Duncan

Has anyone had any luck with this fish in a reef?

Thanks,

Robka

Robka
06/17/2012, 09:18 AM
Happy fathers day everyone. Any dad have any luck with this fish in a reef:wave:

FishAddict87
06/17/2012, 03:17 PM
Since its in QT maybe you can put som coral frags in there to test out the fish before introducing it to your DT and having something go wrong. It would be a pain to catch a fish in a reef tank

Robka
06/17/2012, 04:16 PM
[QUOTE=FishAddict87;20372284]Since its in QT maybe you can put som coral frags in there to test out the fish before introducing it to your DT and having something go wrong. It would be a pain to catch a fish in a reef.

I haven't tried to frag yet? I have a pretty good fish trap and since the banner fish is a good feeder, I don't think I would have a problem removing if things went bad:facepalm::fish1: I just wanted to see if anyone else had any experience with this fish in a reef and if they only nibbled on certain corals?

Thanks again:)

Robka
06/17/2012, 08:05 PM
[QUOTE=FishAddict87;20372284]Since its in QT maybe you can put som coral frags in there to test out the fish before introducing it to your DT and having something go wrong. It would be a pain to catch a fish in a reef.

I haven't tried to frag yet? I have a pretty good fish trap and since the banner fish is a good feeder, I don't think I would have a problem removing if things went bad:facepalm::fish1: I just wanted to see if anyone else had any experience with this fish in a reef and if they only nibbled on certain corals?

Thanks again:)

Someone out there must have experience with this fish?:confused:

fishfreak2009
06/17/2012, 09:23 PM
I had one that loved zoanthids, mojanos, and aiptasia. It left everything else alone.

orangegoby
06/18/2012, 11:41 AM
got 2 big ones (7+") in my 200g for a month now, almost wipe out all my 4 frogspawns(which i don't mind). i think your duncan could be in danger too.

Robka
06/18/2012, 07:01 PM
I had one that loved zoanthids, mojanos, and aiptasia. It left everything else alone.

got 2 big ones (7+") in my 200g for a month now, almost wipe out all my 4 frogspawns(which i don't mind). i think your duncan could be in danger too.

Thanks so much for the input. The Acan's are my number one fear:worried:, if he leaves those alone, I could tolerate the frogspawn and Duncan loss. He is such a beautiful fish and his height and activity would be perfect for my tall tank:spin3: