PDA

View Full Version : Clown Fish Help!

Pandafish
06/17/2012, 11:07 AM
I have a 7 year old Ocellaris Clown. He has lived in the same tank all this time, a 20 gallon with a GBTA, peppermint shrimp, hermit crabs, snails, some Zoas, starpollips, toadstool, hammerheads, and many mushrooms. Two days ago I noticed his lips looked swollen... I searched it and all the posts that were similar said it was from a bristle worm or his GBTA. (we do have bristle worms) and would go away on its own. However last night I noticed what looked like bubbles coming out of his mouth. Or clear blisters. He is not breathing hard, his eyes are not popped and he is swimming calmly.
What he is not doing is eating. Does any one know what this is?????

Thanks.

Pandafish
06/17/2012, 12:49 PM
Ok more info-
Salinity- 1.024
PH-8.0 (start of light cycle)
Ammonia- 0
Nitrite- 0
Nitrate- 0.75
DKH- 143.8
No testable trace of phosphate but it is there because we have hair algae
RODI water @ 79 degrees F.

Here are two picts where I think it is visible. Spot in strip is an old anemone sting

Pandafish
06/18/2012, 06:00 PM
I wanted to thank Jason at clownfishsushi.com
I was getting a bit nervous when no one replied to my distress, thankfully Jason took the time to check out my post and talk about what is going on with my clown. I will post an update with what action we took in a few days.
:love1:

tbanks
06/20/2012, 08:52 AM
tagin along

Pandafish
06/20/2012, 06:10 PM
For anyone interested,
We did a 25% water change and started up the protine skimmer. I left the clown in the tank to keep stress down. I have fed HER fish protine and cyclopese, keeping an eye on her. Today she ate some pellets, still swollen but the bubbles have come down a bit. she is staying close to the GBTA.
Will most likely do another water change in another day or so.

Pandafish
06/24/2012, 10:02 PM
Well we are still here... Not eating much one fin looks a bit tattered and she is still just floating arount the GBTA, mouth still swollen no bubbles. Very sad to look at.

Pandafish
07/03/2012, 12:28 PM
Still here. Mouth is normal looking. Still hovering near the GBTA. Not eating.
Will keep watching and waiting.

Pandafish
07/17/2012, 08:11 PM
Sad news... The clown just couldn't keep going. I think in moving about the tank the clown was in we stirred something up. We did try a dip and finally Qt with coppersafe. Our clown fish will be missed.

Michigan Mike
07/18/2012, 12:46 AM
So what do you think happened?