PDA

View Full Version : Next fish suggestions??!

Fish_King_25
06/17/2012, 05:30 PM
So I have my 7 y/o percula clown and just added a Banghaii cardinal last week. My description is in my signature, but I am looking to add two more fish total to my 30g tank. My next fish I'm looking for something that has a lot to do with the bottom..my thoughts are that I get a bottom fish, and my last fish will be a wrasse of some sort. I have no clue what I want, but i know the type of personality I am lookin for....help?!

Thanks guys!

Sent from Tapatalk for Android

warlord239
06/17/2012, 06:57 PM
what about a blenny or a goby

Fish_King_25
06/17/2012, 07:01 PM
what about a blenny or a goby
Thinking that's definitely a possible...but I'm looking for a specific suggestion, hoping something pops up I haven't thought of lol

cubsFAN
06/17/2012, 08:54 PM
TB neon blue goby. I gots one. It's rad. It lands on my fish and cleans them off. I have it in a 33 with a pair of clowns and a bangaii.

Not a bottom dweller, but it sits around in the rocks and on the glass. Active when it wants some food.

Tethered_Limbs
06/17/2012, 09:02 PM
a couple clown gobies re always awesome. or if u have sand a goby/pistol [pair

SPotter
06/18/2012, 07:16 AM
clown gobies are nice especially if you dont have sps in the tank. I added one to my tank and they have great personality but I didnt realize that they like to hang out on caps and in the branches of sps so he had to go.

Tethered_Limbs
06/18/2012, 08:45 AM
if you have alot of sps it doesnt matter. they hang out in all types of corals, dont seem to bother polyps n the plate coral

Fish_King_25
06/18/2012, 12:25 PM
okay so what is everyones thoughts on the following candidates for my next addition...

yellow head jawfish
midas blenny
clown goby
purple dottyback

J2T
06/18/2012, 12:50 PM
I love the midas blenny though I don't believe they are really a bottom dweller. All the ones I have seen in tanks hang out in the rocks or swim around the middle of the tank.

I'm a fan of the clown goby's too, I had a yellow clown goby before and he was a neat little fish with tons of personality for his size. He hung out around the top of my rocks and was out swimming with everyone at feeding time.

J2T
06/18/2012, 12:52 PM
argh, stupid double post

Fish_King_25
06/18/2012, 01:02 PM
I am thinking of a green clown goby. I want something with nice color. The clown I have is a gorgeous orange, so I am looking for something else with a nice, different color. I really like the jawfish, I'm just afraid that i do not have a deep enough sandbed. I only have a 2-2.5in sandbed. I don't think the jawfish is an option anymore at this point. That was probably my top choice. Mida's blennies are gorgeous too, but I am still trying to stick to something that hangs on the bottom/rocks.

Tethered_Limbs
06/18/2012, 02:27 PM
orchid would be cool if you looking for some color.

Fish_King_25
06/18/2012, 02:58 PM
Yeah I'm thinking purple over orchid. A bit less aggressive, and not as much of a danger to my shrimp. I'm thinking purple dottyback is my next fish!

nanoreefer1000
06/18/2012, 04:07 PM
Orchid, not purple.
Purple = everything dead & apocalypse
orchid = more likely to be peaceful, add last to make sure :)

Fish_King_25
06/18/2012, 09:04 PM
Orchid, not purple.
Purple = everything dead & apocalypse
orchid = more likely to be peaceful, add last to make sure :)

I thought the p. Fridmani was the more peaceful of the two?