PDA

View Full Version : New build and algae scrubber

wildblue64
06/17/2012, 08:35 PM
I am planning my first build and was reading on another forum about algae scrubbers and wondered if I should plan on adding one to my build. Any thoughts or experiences will be appreciated.

warlord239
06/17/2012, 10:11 PM
Yes get one even the most perfectky maintained aquariums will get a bit of algae

propeine
06/18/2012, 06:30 AM
Yes get one even the most perfectky maintained aquariums will get a bit of algae

This is a guess but it doesn't sound like you are talking about the same thing as the OP.

I am planning my first build and was reading on another forum about algae scrubbers and wondered if I should plan on adding one to my build. Any thoughts or experiences will be appreciated.

I am in the midst of my first build on a 44gal and am implementing one. I can't see any detrimental reasons to not do so and compared to the rest of the parts of the tank its awfully cheap to build a DIY one. It gives pods a place to hang out as well.

Cloudburst2000
06/18/2012, 08:14 AM
I would. I plan on adding one to my next set-up. The more filtration you have the better. I plan on running and algae scrubber, skimmer, and fuge. And diy algae scrubbers seem pretty cheap and easy to set up so I can't seen a reason not to add the supplemental filtration.

wildblue64
06/18/2012, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the replies. I plan on starting with a skimmer and fuge and if the ATS works as well as some indicate I may remove the skimmer

warlord239
06/18/2012, 08:50 AM
Yea i wasnt talking about the same thing, i misunderstood my bad