PDA

View Full Version : Noisy 6105

Hulltiger
06/18/2012, 01:04 PM
I bought two new 6105 which I connected to my multicontroller. One pump is noisy as it accelerates. I have cleaned it I diluted vinegar so there are no deposits in the motor. it was quite clean any way as only 3months old.any suggestions before I return it under warranty?

rvitko
06/18/2012, 01:58 PM
I am not clear on your description, were they both quiet when new and now 3 months later one is noisy? When cleaning the single most important thing is to remove the propeller assembly, on a pump that was made this year (it would have included both wide and narrow flow housings in the box), the pump would have a fixed shaft that should be permanently in the motor, it is key that it is in place and the hole in the drive unit is clean and not sticking, an older pump made last year would have a separate removable shaft with two blue bushings on either end. In this case it is important that the drive unit is not stuck to the shaft.

Hulltiger
06/18/2012, 02:46 PM
Yes both we're quiet when new. They are both the new type with the fixed titanium rod. I took the impellor/rotor out and filled the hole with diluted vinegar to clean off any calcium deposits. The rotor moves freely on the rod. I have been using the wide cage with the 18volt jumper ( the one installed by manufacturer)

rvitko
06/18/2012, 03:11 PM
You can use any of the jumpers included, 12, 18 or 24, the higher the V the stronger the pump, the other 2 were in a baggie packed with the power supply.

Is it possible that the disk 3005.740 was stuck to the bottom of the drive unit and maybe lost or reinstalled upside down in the one pump? You should be able to see this down in the pump on the shaft, it a black disk with slot cut across it and it rests in a dark blue silicon cup. If it comes out and is reinstalled upside down so the silicon is up, the pump gets very noisy.

Hulltiger
06/18/2012, 04:38 PM
I do not think so but I will strip down and have a look tomorrow when I return from work
Thanks for all your help
Ian