PDA

View Full Version : switching from LED to t5! FINALLY!

bobssecrtsn
06/18/2012, 07:53 PM
hey guys i finally found the t5 fixtures i like so now im making the switch from AI SOL NANO to this

i dont know what kind of t5 combination i want but i want around a 16k look. not to blue but not to white. so i was thinking...
2 ATI Blue+, 1 KZ Fiji Purple and 1 UVL Super Actinic.. sounds good?

icecap 24 Reef Illumination

its a combination of 4 t5 bulbs and 2 actinic led t5 bulb. and its for a SPS dominate tank!

i believe this fixture was discontinued. and ive been searching around for replacement bulbs for led. sounds like alibaba sells em. i cant really say how good/bad the fixture is i havent gotten yet. but ill let you guys know!

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss288/imrbobby/icecapt5led2.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss288/imrbobby/icecapt5led3.jpg

alford35
06/18/2012, 09:26 PM
Just gotta ask about your LED experience.

I am setting up my old 180 that has been sitting for a while after a move and now that I'm reading on the forums again I've noticed how many more LED fixtures are available.

I have two little LED fixtures on a nano that isnt through cycling yet so am curious as to how they will do for some corals. They are 6 watts each and look to be really bright for what they are.

I have a T5 and DE MH setup on the 180 and really like them.

yongpanda
06/18/2012, 11:56 PM
Let us know how they are. Even though they are discontinued, I've managed to pull up a few reviews about it. Apparently the ballasts are not the 660s that have rave reviews, but rather some other generic work horse ballast. In addition, I think the reflectors are somewhat different from the ones that Icecap use to sell for the DIYers. Don't quote me on this but please do tell us how they fare and what type of corals are in your tank!

rogerwilco357
06/19/2012, 12:15 AM
wow that is cool the way the led's are in a tube and hook right up to the unit would love something like this on my setup ..

bobssecrtsn
06/19/2012, 10:22 AM
Let us know how they are. Even though they are discontinued, I've managed to pull up a few reviews about it. Apparently the ballasts are not the 660s that have rave reviews, but rather some other generic work horse ballast. In addition, I think the reflectors are somewhat different from the ones that Icecap use to sell for the DIYers. Don't quote me on this but please do tell us how they fare and what type of corals are in your tank!

You are correct. Thats all i could search for also. But to me the ballast should let the bulbs last longer if im correct. Im thinking about changing the reflectors to some ati or some reflectors i bought from reefgeek.