PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Magnus Dosing Containers

ricwilli
06/21/2012, 04:12 AM
Does anyone know how they work? Meaning, how is it getting air inside the container when the liquid is being sucked out? Another question, does the lid just sit on top of the acrylic cylinder?

Thanks

RoachF4
06/21/2012, 08:51 AM
A plastic tube goes from the top of the lid to the bottom of the container. There's a small groove on the bottom of the lids to help it sit on top of the containers. I have three of them hooked up to a BM doser. Air doesn't seem to be a problem...I haven't officially measured my output through the doser, but everything tests out in the normal ranges. They do what they are supposed to do...nothing to exciting. Hope that helps.

JER-Z
06/21/2012, 10:48 AM
The lid just sits on the top. They are not air tight.

ricwilli
06/21/2012, 11:10 AM
Thanks. Just trying to figure out how the air from the outside is going in.

blender02
06/22/2012, 01:50 PM
The bubble magus ones are nice but very expensive for what you get. I just bought a 3 compartment bin off ebay- shipped from Hong Kong for about 50.00 and its really nice. I put Calc, Alk, and Mg in it and use a bublle magus doser with it (which is great!). I liked this one because it is all in one. The only thing is that I had to use RO tubing instead of airline tubing to keep the suction going. Here is the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Liquid-storage-bucket-for-dosing-pump-3-rooms-1-5L-3-/400304393710?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d34004dee