PDA

View Full Version : ID Please

bmanzie
06/21/2012, 12:12 PM
Can someone please ID this for me? I had it glued to a rock and it keeps coming detached but still looks healthy. Not sure what it is or how to take care of it. It is all one piece.
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd234/balistikb/mushroomsyellow.jpg

SNAKEMANVET
06/21/2012, 02:44 PM
My guess it is a florida ricordia.Best way to attach it is put some sand and rock rubble in a bowl and place in a low flow area.It will attach to the rock rubble and then place it in an area thats not getting alot of flow.hth

parrthed
06/21/2012, 03:16 PM
Id say elephant ear mushroom, They usually have multiple mouths and a rough looking surface. Pretty much look like a bunch of mushrooms attached together. I have never seen one come off a rock since their foot is usually as big as they are. Id sit it on some rubble in low flow and see if it takes to any of it.

Hormigaquatica
06/21/2012, 09:42 PM
That is a very stressed and bleached elephant ear mushroom (Rhodactis mussoides). It should be dropped somewhere with relatively low light, and will likely need to be fed once or twice a week in order to let it build up strength. The attachment technique snakemanvet gave for attaching is good. This is not a coral you can glue down; it needs to grab on by itself once it is healthy enough to do so.

bmanzie
06/22/2012, 06:57 AM
Ok great, thank you to everyone for your thoughts.