PDA

View Full Version : MP10 head spun out of nowhere...??

Reef1589
06/23/2012, 02:40 PM
has anyone had this happen?

they've been hooked up for about 2 months now, running perfect, no problem at all... and in the same spot never moved, and i was sitting here watching t.v. and all of a sudden heard a high pitch noise.. almost like a whistle, without looking at my tank right away just ignored it thinking it'd go away in a second, and after about a minute it was still going looked at my tank that was full of sand and was confused, then i noticed the Slave pump's Wet side was spinning ... the whole unit...

has anyone ever had this happen or whats the cause of it? i turned both pumps off...pulled the one pump off, and re-attached it, and turned back on and it stopped doing it, but now im concerned as if this were to happen again while im at work or something...

naterealbig
06/23/2012, 10:54 PM
I would think that the only way the entire wet side would begin spinning is if something became lodged between the magnet and the housing. Perhaps a small snail, or just the right sized bit of sand or debris.

Addiction2SPS
06/23/2012, 10:58 PM
Happened to me twice. It was under warranty and got replaced but finally the second one has been fine for over a year now.