PDA

View Full Version : Tropic Marin Bio Activ?

pete33
06/25/2012, 08:53 PM
I guess that was the hot topic last year. Is anyone still using it? Thinking of switching to this salt and would love some feedback. Getting tired with low values from my regular TM, and seriously thinking of switching, but don't know to what.

bertoni
06/25/2012, 09:52 PM
I don't see any reason to believe that any of the various additives that manufacturers put in their salt products are useful, beyond actual saltwater elements. That salt product likely is fine, although I wouldn't pay extra for it.

pete33
06/25/2012, 09:59 PM
I have to agree with you. I'm thinking of just going the IO route and dosing what's needed (see my mag post). Getting frustrated with TM and fighting low mag readings. Might just save a few bucks and just adjust the regular IO.

yvr
06/29/2012, 02:13 PM
I've been using TM Bio Actif for a little over a year and have really noticed improved colouration in my SPS corals, my Hydnophora colony which I have had for 3 years has gone from a dull/pale green to an intense fluorescent green and I've noticed some really intense colours appearing in my clams. So I am really happy with what I have seen so far.

pete33
06/30/2012, 11:05 AM
Awesome, thanks. Probably going to get a bucket and try it out.