PDA

View Full Version : 2 pairs of clowns???

erinangele
06/28/2012, 06:03 PM
So I pretty much already know the answer, but I'm hoping to hear anyone's personal experience with this.

I have a pair of clowns in my 125 gal. (a black and white, and snowflake). They have been there fore about 2 months.

I have a pair of tank bred Ocellairs clowns in my 29 gal. I have decided to sell the 29 gal. and have moved all it's occupants, except the clowns, to my 125. I've had these clowns for 10 months, so I'm kind of attached. Of course I also don't want them to be killed by the other pair so if that's the case I'll sell them with the 29.

Soooo any chance this could work? Anyone with personal experience? Neither pair is hosting on anything, but the pair that is currently in the 125 stays mainly in the same corner of the tank.

MrTuskfish
06/29/2012, 09:27 AM
If you pretty much know what's the question? Sure, you'll find someone who's done it; but odds are overwhelming against two mated pairs of clowns living in your tank.

Fish Biscuit
06/29/2012, 10:40 AM
Do you have a fuge you could keep them in? I think that's the only way you'd be able to keep everyone happy.

erinangele
06/29/2012, 03:35 PM
Okay, thanks for the input. They're not mated, just paired up. I do have a fuge but I would rarely see them down there. I'll just sell them with the 29 then. Or sell the other pair and put these two in my 125. I have a little time to decide. Thanks again.

snorvich
06/29/2012, 08:18 PM
If you pretty much know what's the question? Sure, you'll find someone who's done it; but odds are overwhelming against two mated pairs of clowns living in your tank.

I agree. Even in a tank twice that size.

brycecouture
06/29/2012, 08:24 PM
it might work , depending on the fish , u can test it if you want but its a gambal