PDA

View Full Version : Snails dead?

sh8g8delik
06/29/2012, 11:37 AM
Hi all, I just recently purchased an order for a quick cleanup crew suggested for a 50g tank for my rsm. When it arrived i placed the entire box into my car while i was running errands and unfortunately even with tinted windows the weather got pretty warm. It was probably sitting in my car for a little over 3 hours and when i went to open the box, a rotting smelled smacked went straight up my nose. I acclimated the whole lot for 30 mins and placed them all in the tank. Some started moving right away and others stayed put. After an hour or so my peppermint shrimps instead of working on the aiptasia i put them in there for, started snatching and dragging some of the smaller snails. I was wondering after waiting 2 days is it safe to say all that is still sitting in the same spot the are laying should be considered dead? I've smacked myself in the head already when i felt the water that was left in the shipment bags uncomfortably warm and i think im about to smack myself in the head again for unintentionally killing more than half of my CUC. Should i just scoop up all the "dead" shells because it might spike another cycle? My tank has been running for a little over a month. Or should i just leave them be.