PDA

View Full Version : How do I ATO my JBJ 28g Nano?

Gagonzalez
06/29/2012, 01:03 PM
I have my tank going now (albeit slowly) and am currently working with my temp setting.(Currently 77-79 low and 81-82 high and fluctuating because of our crazy heat here in NM) I think over the next few days, I can stabilize the temp at around 77 low to 81 high.

I haven't stocked anything yet except for sand until I get the setup that I want correct. I was wondering what the cheapest way to get an ATO in would be and how?

Thanks

Gagonzalez
06/30/2012, 09:45 PM
It seems my temp is pretty stable now. Starts at 79 in the morning and reaches 81 or 82 max before the lights go off so seems to be pretty stable. Should be acceptable correct?

Now what is the easiest (and least expensive) way to get an ATO working on this type of tank? I have seen float valves for about $30 with some plastic tubing but if I understand it correctly, I would need to have a bucket of RO sitting above the tank and I don't have any place to put that. Options?

Thanks in Advance........I Love this Forum!

coonasssaint
06/30/2012, 09:53 PM
Check out autotopoff.com they have pretty cheap ATOs. I use the tunze Osmolator which costs about 200 bucks. A bit pricey but it's worth it by not having to change my wood floors due to an overflow of my tank.

bnumair
06/30/2012, 10:56 PM
in cheaper range autotopoff is probably the most reliable unit.